Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Prevail (M820)
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Press and hold the Power Button for 11-13 seconds.
- The phone will turn itself off.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Prevail (M820)
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Prevail (M820) returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is recommended you back up all data you want to keep before continuing.
Via Hard Buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up Button and Power Button until the recovery menu appears.
- Use the Volume Buttons to select Factory Reset and press the Camera Button to select the option.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data and confirm with the Camera Button.
- Select Reboot Now to complete the process.