Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Omnia W (S8530)
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Press and hold the Power Button for 11-13 seconds.
- The phone will turn itself off.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Omnia W (S8530)
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Omnia W (S8530) returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is recommended you back up all data you want to keep before continuing.
- In Menu Mode select Settings then System.
- From here tap about then reset your phone.
- Confirm with Yes.
- Your phone will shut down and restore to factory settings.