Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Google Nexus 10 by Samsung
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Google Nexus 10 by Samsung returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is recommended you back up all data you want to keep before continuing.
- Open Apps and go to Settings then Backup & reset.
- Touch Factory data reset then Reset tablet.
- Your password will be asked for if necessary.
- Touch Erase everything to complete the hard reset.
Via Hardware buttons:
- Turn off the tablet.
- Press and hold the Power Button and the Volume Down Button. You'll see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
- Press Volume Down twice to highlight Recovery Mode and press the Power Button to confirm. You'll see an Android Robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While in this mode, hold down the Power Button and press the Volume Up Button.
- Use the Volume Buttons to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press the Power Button to select it.
- Scroll down to Yes - erase all user data and press the Power Button to select it.