Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is advisable to back up your phone before attempting a hard reset.
- From a Home screen, press the Menu Button then Settings and then Privacy.
- Touch Factory data reset.
- Finally touch Reset Phone then Erase everything to reset the device.
Via Hardware buttons:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock Button, Home Button and Volume Up Button at the same time.
- When the menu appears, press the Volume Up Button to select wipe data / factory reset and press the Power Button to confirm.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to finish the hard reset.
- Dial *2767*3855# on the keypad.