Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 (WiFi and 3G)
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Press and hold the Power key for 8-10 seconds.
- The device will reboot automatically.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 (WiFi and 3G)
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory). A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Tab returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Rad Only Memory).
- Press > and tap > Privacy > Factory data reset. (You will see a disclaimer.)
- Read the disclaimer and tap Reset device.
- If you are certain that you would like to restore all factory settings, tap Erase everything.