Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Power Key for 10-15 seconds.
- If this does not work, remove and replace the battery as shown:
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: If you reset your device to the factory defaults with SD card encryption setting enabled, the device will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting the device.
By using the phone buttons:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up/Down Button and Home Button.
- Press the Power Button until the phone vibrates.
- When you see the Android logorelease all the buttons.
- Use the Volume Down to select Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power Button.
- Follow the instructions to finish the hard reset.
- In Idle Mode open the application list and choose Settings then Back Up and Reset.
- From here choose Factory Data Reset then Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
- On the keypad enter *2767*3855#