Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
Note: If you reset your device to the factory defaults with SD card encryption setting enabled, the device will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting the device.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Power Key for 8-10 seconds.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
By using the phone buttons:
- When the phone is off, press and hold the Volume Up Button and Home Button.
- Press the Power Button until the phone vibrates.
- When you see the Android logorelease all the buttons.
- Use the Volume Down to select Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power Button.
- Select YES -- delete all user data with the Volume Down Button and then press the Power Button.
- In Idle Mode open the application list and choose Settings then Back Up and Reset.
- From here choose Factory Data Reset then Reset Devices and finally Delete All.
- On the keypad enter *2767*3855#