Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- If your device is unresponsive, press and hold the Power Button for 8-10 seconds.
- If this does not work, take out the battery, wait a few seconds then replace the battery.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is advisable to back up your phone before attempting a hard reset.
- From a Home screen, press the Menu Button then Settings and then Privacy.
- Touch Factory data reset.
- Finally touch Reset Phone then Erase everything to reset the device.
Via Hardware buttons:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock Button, Home Button and Volume Up Button at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the Android picture appears.
- When the menu appears, use the Volume Up Button to select wipe data / factory reset and press the Power Button to confirm.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to finish the hard reset.
- Dial *2767*3855# on the keypad.