Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is advisable to back up your phone before attempting a hard reset.
- From a Home screen, select Apps then Settings and then 'Backup & Reset.
- Touch Factory data reset.
- Finally touch Reset Phone then Erase everything to reset the device.
Via Hardware buttons:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock Button, Volume Down Button and Volume Up Button at the same time.
- When the menu appears, press the Volume Up Button to select Recovery Mode and press the Power Button to confirm. The device will restart in Recovery Mode.
- From the Recovery menu, press and hold the Power Button then the Volume Up Button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data. The reset to factory data will take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Select reboot system now to complete the hard reset.
- Dial *2767*3855# on the keypad.