Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Music (GT-S6012)
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Press and hold the Power Button for 11-13 seconds.
- The phone will turn itself off.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Music (GT-S6012)
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Music (GT-S6012) returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is recommended you back up all data you want to keep before continuing.
- From the Home Screen tap Applications.
- Tap Settings then Privacy.
- Under Personal data, tap Factory data reset then Reset phone.
- Confirm with Erase everything.
- Your phone will shut down and restore to factory settings.
Via Hard Buttons:
- Press and hold the Volume Up Button, Home Button and Power Button until the recovery menu appears.
- Use the Volume Buttons to select Factory Reset and press the Power Button to select the option and perform the hard reset.