Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Metric 4G I405
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Power Key for 8-10 seconds until the device powers off.
- Remove and replace the battery as shown:
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Metric 4G I405
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Metric 4G I405 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
- Open the application list and choose Settings then Privacy then Factory Data Reset.
- From here Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
- On the keypad enter *2767*3855#