Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Grand i9080
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Power Key for 8-10 seconds.
- Press the Power Button again to turn the phone on again.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Grand i9080
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Grand i9080 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Using the hard buttons:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up Button and the Home Button.
- Press the Power Button until the phone vibrates.
- When the Android Logo appears, release all the buttons.
- Using Volume Down select Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power Button to confirm.
- Using Volume Down select Delete all user data and press the Power Button.
- After the format, press the Power Button to reboot the phone.
- In Idle Mode open the application list and choose Settings.
- From here choose Back up and Reset then Factory data reset then Reset device and finally Delete all.
- On the keypad enter *2767*3855#