Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Europa
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Press and hold the Volume key up and End / Power simultaneously for 8-10 seconds.
- The device will reboot automatically.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Europa
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM. A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Europa returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. This can be done in two ways:
- In Idle mode, open the application list and select Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset -> Reset phone -> Erase everything.
- When the device is turned off, simultaneously press the Volume key up and down, and then press End / Power. When an exclamation mark appears, press the Home key to reboot.