Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (S7500)
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Press and hold the Power Button for 11-13 seconds.
- The phone will turn itself off and perform a soft reset.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (S7500)
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (S7500) returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: It is recommended you back up all data you want to keep before continuing.
Via Hard Buttons:
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up Button, Home Button and Power Button.
- When the recovery screen appears release the buttons.
- Use the Volume Buttons to select wipe/factory reset.
- Use the Home Button to select the option and start the hard reset process.