Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution: make sure you save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Power Key for 8-10 seconds.
- The phone will reboot automatically.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
Note: If you reset your device to the factory defaults with SD card encryption setting enabled, the device will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting the device.
If your Android version is not 4.0 on-wards:
- From the Home Screen open the application list and choose Settings then Privacy.
- From here choose Factory Data Reset then Reset Phone and finally Erase Everything.
OR for versions that are 4.0 on-wards:
- From the Home Screen open the application list and choose Settings then Back Up and Reset.
- From here choose Factory Data Reset then Reset Device and finally Delete All.
- On the keypad enter *2767*3855#