Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung Exhilarate i577
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Power Key for 8-10 seconds.
- Failing this remove and replace the battery.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung Exhilarate i577
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung Exhilarate i577 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
By using the phone buttons:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power Button and Volume Up/Down Buttons at the same time until the phone switches on.
- When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power Button while continuing to press the Volume Up/Down Buttons.
- Continue to press the Volume Up/Down Buttons for at least 8 seconds until the Android System Recovery screen is displayed.
- Release the Volume Up/Down Buttons.
- Using the Volume Up/Down Buttons to scroll up or down, press the Home Button to select wipe data/factory reset.
Via the settings:
- In Idle Mode open the application list and select Settings.
- From here Privacy and Factory Data Reset then Reset Phone and Erase Everything.
- On the keypad enter *2767*3855#