Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Samsung ATIV Odyssey
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Power Key for 11-13 seconds.
- The device will power off.
- Turn the phone back on to complete the soft reset.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a Samsung ATIV Odyssey
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Samsung ATIV Odyssey returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory) including Contacts, Messages etc..
- In Menu Mode select Settings.
- From here System then Reset you phone.
- Finally, confirm with yes to complete the hard reset.