Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Treo 180
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Unscrew the tip of the stylus to access the reset tool.
- Use the reset tool to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your phone.
Performing a Hard Reset on a Treo 180
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Palm Treo 180 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a warm (or safe) reset:
- Press and hold the top scroll button on the front panel of your phone.
- While holding down the top scroll button, use the reset tool (or similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press the reset button).
- When the system screen appears, release the top scroll button.
To perform a hard reset:
- Press and hold the power button on the top of the phone.
- While holding down the power button, use the reset tool (or similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press and release the reset button.
- When the system screen appears, release the power button.
- When a message appears on the phone screen warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your phone, do one of the following:
- Press the top scroll button on the front panel of your phone to complete the hard reset and display the Digitizer screen.
- Press any other button to perform a soft reset.
Note: With a hard reset, the current date and time are retained. Formats Preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings.
- If the language selection screen appears, select the same language you selected for your desktop software. Choosing a different language may result in loss of data.