Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Orange SPV M600
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom left hand side of the Orange SPV M600.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The SPV smartphone will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on a SPV M600
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM, this will restore the unit to factory defaults, with only the initial software included when the unit was new.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Orange SPV M600 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold down the Camera button, and the Communication Manager button, both located on the left hand side of the unit.
- Now use a stylus tip to push and release the reset switch located on the base of the unit to the left of the charging socket. Continue to hold down the Camera button, and the Communication Manager button.
- Your unit will reboot, the text on the screen will read 'Press Send to restore factory default, Other keys to quit'
- Now press the Send button to hard reset the Orange SPV M600, the Send button is the silver button with the green phone icon.