Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on an O2 XDA Zest
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Use the stylus to press and hold the Reset button.
Performing a Hard Reset on an O2 XDA Zest
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset:
- Pull out the stylus.
- With the device turned on, press and hold up on the navigation button.
- Press the tip of the stylus into the 'Reset' hole at the bottom of the handset and then release.
- Keep holding up on the navigation button until you see the message:
"This action will delete all settings and files in the system (Before restoring to system default settings, please make sure all files in the storage card have been decrypted.)
If you wish to restore to system default setting, please press the green call button. If you wish to leave this page, please press the red release call button."
- Press the call button to complete the hard reset.