Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a XDA Orbit 2
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the XDA Orbit 2 unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a XDA Orbit 2
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your XDA pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the GPS/Messaging and Internet Explorer buttons, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the Reset button at the bottom of your device.
- Release the Reset button, but continue pressing the GPS/Messaging and Internet Explorer buttons until a message comes up on the screen.
- Release the buttons, and then press send on your device to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.