Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a O2 XDA Mini S
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button hole on the O2 XDA Mini S unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a O2 XDA Mini S
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold both the Comm Mannager Button and the Voice Command Button.
- While keeping those two buttons pressed, press the Reset Button with your stylus.
- After about a second you will be prompted for confirmation. Press the Talk Button to confirm.