Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on an O2 XDA Mantle
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Use the stylus to press the RESET button found at the bottom of your device.
- Your device restarts and displays the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on an O2 XDA Mantle
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the left SOFT KEY and the right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.
- Release the stylus, but continue pressing the two SOFT KEYs until you see the following message on the screen:
- Release the two SOFT KEYs, and then press TALK