Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a O2 XDA Ignito
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset.
- Pull out the stylus.
- Use the stylus to press the RESET button located at the opening of the stylus compartment.
- Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on an O2 XDA Ignito
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your XDA pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- With the phone ON, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER (round navigation) buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip.
- Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until you see the following message on the screen:
- Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.