Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Mio A501
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the side of the Mio A501 Digiwalker Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a Mio A501
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM. A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Mio pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Make sure that the device is turned off.
- Press the Power button on the top of the device, and then press and hold the Talk button on the front panel until the device vibrates.
- The device will turn on automatically. The backlight of the keypad will glow, and the setup wizard will appear on the screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup wizard.
- Re-establish a partnership with your desktop computer.
- Re-install the add-on software, if necessary.