Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Mio 336BT
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the side of the Mio 336BT Digiwalker Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a Mio 336BT
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM. A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Mio pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset:
- Disconnect all cables, including the AC adapter, from your Pocket PC.
- Stop all running programs by tapping the Windows icon Settings -> System tab -> Memory icon -> Running Programs tab -> Stop All.
- Use the stylus to slide the battery switch to the OFF (up) position.
- Wait for 1 minute and then slide the switch back to the ON (down) position.
- Your Pocket PC will automatically turn on and display the Welcome screen.
- To begin the Welcome Wizard, tap the screen with the stylus and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Welcome Wizard.