Performing a Hard Reset on a LG Optimus Black P970
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your LG Optimus Black P970 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a factory (hard) reset:
- Go into Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.
To perform a hard reset using the buttons:
- Switch off the phone, take out the battery and reinsert back in.
- Hold the home and volume down button.
- Hold the power button until phone turns on.
- Follow the instructions on-screen.