Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a LG Incite
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Use the stylus to press the reset key and hold it for a while. Your device may shut down.
- Press the POWER button, the device restarts and displays the Today screen.
A soft reset of your device clears all active program memory and shuts down all active programs. This can be useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. A soft reset is also necessary after the installation of some programs. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work will be lost.
Performing a Hard Reset on a LG Incite
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your LG Incite returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
(CAUTION! If you perform a factory (full) reset, all user applications and user data will be deleted. Please remember to back up any important data before performing a factory reset.)
To perform a factory (hard) reset:
- Power the device ON
- Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clear Storage.
- Enter 1234 for the password twice.
- Press Enter.
- Select what to reset.
You have to enter your password and confirm again for hard reset. However when you forget your password, the only way to hard reset the device is via the hard key sequence.
- Power the device OFF.
- Press and hold the following hard keys in sequence. + +
- Keep pressing keys until your LCD screen turns on.
- Align screen will appear if you success hard key reset.