Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a Apple iPod Nano 6th Gen
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Flick up, then tap Reset Settings.
- Tap Reset, or tap Cancel if you change your mind.
- Tap your language, and then tap Done.
Performing a Hard Reset on an Apple iPod Nano 6th Gen
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your Apple iPod returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset:
- Connect iPod nano to your computer.
- In iTunes, select iPod nano in the device list and click the Summary tab. The Version section tells you whether iPod nano is up to date or needs a newer version of the software.
- Click Update to install the latest version of the software. Important: Restoring the iPod software erases all data from iPod nano, including songs.
- If necessary, click Restore to restore iPod nano to its original settings (this erases all data from iPod nano). Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process