Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on an Apple iPad Mini
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake Button until the red slider appears.
- Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPad Mini.
- To turn iPad Mini back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake Button until the Apple logo appears.
Performing a Full (Hard) Reset on an Apple iPad Mini
A full reset is sometimes called a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
- Select Settings which is located on the Home Screen.
- From here, tap General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset All Content and Settings.
- This resets all settings to their original values and erases all your information
Force Quitting an Application an Apple iPad Mini
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake Button on top of iPad Mini for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then press and hold the Home Button until the application quits.
- If you can't turn off the iPad Mini or if the problem continues, you may need to reset iPad Mini (see above).
- This should be done only if turning iPad Mini off and on doesn't resolve the problem.
Updating and Restoring iPad Mini Software
You can use iTunes to update or restore iPad Mini software. If you update, the iPad Mini software is updated. Your downloaded applications, settings, and data aren't affected.
Note: In some cases, an update may also include restoring iPad Mini.
If you restore, the latest version of iPad Mini software is reinstalled, settings are restored to their defaults, and all data stored on iPad Mini is deleted, including downloaded applications, songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and any other data. If you've backed up iPad Mini with iTunes on your computer, you can restore data from the backup at the end of the restore process.
Deleted data is no longer accessible through the iPad Mini user interface, but isn't erased from your iPad Mini.
Updating iPad Mini
Make sure your computer has an Internet connection and that you've installed the latest version of iTunes from Apple website
- Connect iPad Mini to your computer.
- In the iTunes sidebar, select iPad Mini, then click the Summary tab.
- When you click Check for Update iTunes will tell you if there's a new version of the iPad 4 software available.
- Finally, click Update to install the latest version of the software
iPad Mini Recovery Mode
- With the iPad Mini powered off, press and hold the Home Button.
- Connect the USB cable from your PC/Mac to the iPad Mini.
- Continue holding the Home Button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen, then release the Home Button.
- Open up iTunes to see iPad Mini in recovery mode.