Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ 910c / 912c / 914c
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ 910c / 912c / 914c
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM. A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ 910c / 912c / 914c smart phone returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Turn off your HP iPAQ.
- Press the OK button located on the right side of the unit and the Voice Commander button located on the left side of the unit.
- Keeping the OK and the Voice Commander buttons pressed, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button then release the Reset button.
- Release the OK and the Voice Commander button when Clean Boot is shown on the screen.
NOTE: You can also tap Start > Settings > System > Factory Recovery, and then follow the on-screen instructions.