Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ rw6815 / rw6818 / rw6828
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Clean Reset on a iPAQ rw6815 / rw6818 / rw6828
A clean reset clears all user-installed settings, programs, and data, and restores your HP iPAQ rw6815 / rw6818 / rw6828 to factory settings.
- Press and hold the Answer/Send, Power, and End Call buttons. (Answer/Send = Green Phone Button) (End Call = Red Phone Button)
- While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ until the device restarts.
- When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.