Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ hw6510 / hw6515
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ hw6510 / hw6515
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ hw6510 / hw6515 smart phone returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- While holding the Power button, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom right side of the HP iPAQ for about five seconds.
- Once the HP iPAQ screen fades, release the Power button and remove the stylus from the Reset button.