Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ h6310 / h6315 / h6320 / h6325 / h6340 / h6345 / h6360 / h6365
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the side of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ h6310 / h6315 / h6320 / h6325 / h6340 / h6345 / h6360 / h6365
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ h6310 / h6315 / h6320 / h6325 / h6340 / h6345 / h6360 / h6365 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold down the Power button.
- While holding the Power button, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the left side of the Pocket PC for about three seconds.
- When the Pocket PC screen begins to fade, release the Power button and remove the stylus from the Reset button. The Pocket PC will reset itself and power on.