Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ 610 / 610c / 612 / 612c / 614c
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ 610 / 610c / 612 / 612c / 614c
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM. A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HP iPAQ smart phone returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the record button.
- Whilst holding the record button, use the stylus to press and hold the reset button.
- Release the reset button whilst continuing to hold the record button.
- Release the record button, the unit should now display "Clean Reboot"