Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ 510 / 512 / 514
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
There are two ways to perform a soft reset on this unit.
- Power the HP iPAQ off by holding down the End key.
- Remove the battery of your HP iPAQ.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ 510 / 512 / 514
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HP iPAQ 510 / 512 / 514 smart phone returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Power your HP iPAQ off by holding down the End key.
- Then hold down the center of the 4-Way Navigation key and power on the HP iPAQ again while continuing to do so.
- This results in a screen being displayed that asks whether you want to perform a hard reset or not. Select Yes . This will cause the HP iPAQ to reboot with it's original factory settings.