Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ hx4700 / hx4705
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ hx4700 / hx4705
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ hx4700 / hx4705 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons (1).
- Whilst holding these buttons, use the stylus to press the reset button for approximately 2 seconds (2).
- When the screen begins to fade, release the Contacts and Mail buttons first, then remove the stylus from the reset button.