Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ rx4000 / rx4240 / rx4245 / rx4540 / rx4545
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Locate the Reset button on your iPAQ.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
The iPAQ restarts and displays the HP QuickStart Tour.
Performing a Hard Reset on a iPAQ rx4000 / rx4240 / rx4245 / rx4540 / rx4545
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HP iPAQ rx4000 / rx4240 / rx4245 / rx4540 / rx4545 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a factory reset and return your HP iPAQ to factory settings:
- Press and hold the OK and Rotate Screen buttons.
- While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the HP iPAQ until the device restarts.
- When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.