Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ h3730 / h3760 / h3765
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom right hand side of the iPAQ h3700 series Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ h3730 / h3760 / h3765
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ h3730 / h3760 / h3765 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Locate the power switch cover on the bottom left hand side of the unit.
- Use the stylus to slide the power switch cover to the right.
- Use the stylus to slide the revealed power switch to the right.
- Wait for approximately one minute then slide the power switch back to the left. The iPAQ h3700 series PDA should start up automatically, then follow the instructions on the onscreen setup wizard.