Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ rx3100 / rx3115 / rx3415 / rx3417 / rx3700 / rx3715
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display either the Launch page or the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ rx3100 / rx3115 / rx3415 / rx3417 / rx3700 / rx3715
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ rx3100 / rx3115 / rx3415 / rx3417 / rx3700 / rx3715 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the iPAQ Mobile Media and iTask buttons on your HP iPAQ.
- While holding the iPAQ Mobile Media and iTask buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of your HP iPAQ for about three seconds or until the screen begins to fade.
- When the iPAQ screen begins to fade, release the iPAQ Mobile Media and iTasks buttons then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ resets and powers on.
- If the HP iPAQ does not power on after a reset, check the battery door to ensure it is locked. If not, replace the battery door by matching the tabs on the cover to the latches on the HP iPAQ and snap it into place. This action locks the battery door. If the battery door is not locked, the HP iPAQ does not power on.