Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ h2200 / h2210 / h2215
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom left hand side at the back of the unit.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ h2200 / h2210 / h2215
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ h2200 / h2210 / h2215 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold Application Buttons 1 (Calendar) and 4 (iTask) on the front of the unit and, at the same time, use the stylus to press the Reset button on the back of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Hold all buttons until the displayed image begins to fade (approximately four seconds).
- Release the Application Buttons and stylus. The Battery will now be deactivated, an easy way to test if the hard reset has worked would be to press the power button, if the unit does not turn on, then the hard reset has worked.
- Reactivate the battery by either connecting the unit to AC power or pressing the reset button with the stylus.