Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ 210 / 211 / 212 / 214 / 216
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the recessed Reset button on the side of the HP iPAQ.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ 210 / 211 / 212 / 214 / 216
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM. A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HP iPAQ 210 / 211 / 212 / 214 / 216 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the Windows, Ok and Record Buttons.
- Whilst holding these buttons, press and release the reset button on the side of the device.
- Release the Windows, Ok and Record Buttons, the device should now restart with a green "Clean Boot" message.