Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ hx2110 / hx2115 / hx2190 / hx2190b / hx2410 / hx2415 / hx2490 / hx2490b / hx2750 / hx2755 / hx2790 / hx2795
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the reset button on the side of your iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Use the stylus tip to lightly press the reset button. The pocket PC will restart and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ hx2110 / hx2115 / hx2190 / hx2190b / hx2410 / hx2415 / hx2490 / hx2490b / hx2750 / hx2755 / hx2790 / hx2795
On Windows Mobile 2003 SE products, a hard (full) reset clears all user-installed settings, applications, and data from RAM (Random Access Memory), where data and applications you have loaded are stored. A full reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system lockup or failure. A full reset returns the unit to the factory defaults. Remove AC power before performing a full reset.
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ pocket PC returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons.
- While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC for about two seconds.
- When the Pocket PC screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iTask buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
- The Pocket PC resets and powers on.
If you simultaneously push and hold the Reset, Calendar, and iTask buttons for more than two seconds, the battery disconnects. To restart the device, either plug the device into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again.After performing a hard reset, you may need to reinstall applications stored in iPAQ File Store to restore shortcuts and full functionality.
Performing a Clean Reset on a iPAQ hx2110 / hx2115 / hx2190 / hx2190b / hx2410 / hx2415 / hx2490 / hx2490b / hx2750 / hx2755 / hx2790 / hx2795
A clean reset returns the HP iPAQ to the default Windows Mobile 5.0 settings with no user data or applications.
On Windows Mobile 5.0 products, a hard (full) reset stops all running programs, but does not clear user data or applications because they are stored in ROM (Persistent Store feature). A hard reset also resets all hardware registers. Users can perform a Clean Reset, in which the product is cleared to its factory defaults. A clean reset returns the HP iPAQ to the default Windows Mobile 5.0 settings with no user data or applications.
- Press and hold the Calendar button, the Power button, and the Messaging button.
- While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ.