Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ rx1950 / rx1955
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the Reset button on the side panel of the iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Insert the stylus into the the units Reset button. The iPAQ Pocket PC will then restart in approximately five seconds and display the Today screen.
Performing a Clean Reset on a iPAQ rx1950 / r1955
A clean reset clears all user-installed settings, programs, and data, and it restores your HP iPAQ to factory settings.
If you perform a clean reset, your HP iPAQ rx1950 / rx1955 loses all data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running application before performing a clean reset.
- Press and hold the Calendar and iPAQ Wireless buttons.
- While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the left side of the HP iPAQ for about two seconds.
- When the HP iPAQ screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iPAQ Wireless buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
- Plug the device into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again. The HP iPAQ then resets and powers on.