Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ h1910 / h1915 / h1920 / h1930 / h1935 / h1937 / h1940 / h1945
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- Locate the Reset button on the side panel of the iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Insert the stylus into the the units Reset button. The iPAQ Pocket PC will then restart in approximately five seconds and display the Today screen.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ h1910 / h1915 / h1920 / h1930 / h1935 / h1937 / h1940 / h1945
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM. A full reset deactivates the battery the power button does not function until the battery is reactivated.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your iPAQ h1910 / h1915 / h1920 / h1930 / h1935 / h1937 / h1940 / h1945 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
- Press and hold the Power button (1)
- Press the Reset button (2) on the side panel of the iPAQ Pocket PC with the stylus.
- Hold both buttons until the displayed image begins to fade (approximately four seconds).
- Release the Power button and remove the stylus.
- Set up your iPAQ Pocket PC.