Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a iPAQ 110 / 112 / 114 / 116
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset or a limited reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To perform a soft reset:
- Locate the Reset button on the right side of the device.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
Performing a Hard (Full) Reset on a iPAQ 110 / 112 / 114 / 116
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HP iPAQ 110 / 112 / 114 / 116 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
To perform a hard reset:
- Hold the Start/Windows button, OK button, Record button at the same time and then press and release the Reset button using the stylus.
- Continue holding the Start/Windows button, OK button, and Record button until a Clean Boot message displays.
- This indicates successful restoration of factory settings on your device.
- Key: (1) Reset button (2) Record button (3) OK button (4) Start/Windows button