Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Wizard Prodigy
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Use the Stylus to lightly press the Reset Button on the left of your device.
- The device will restart and display the Today Screen.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Wizard Prodigy
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Cheetah returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- While holding the Comm Manager Button and Voice Command Button, use the Stylus to lightly press the Reset Button.
- Keep the Comm Manager and Voice Command Buttons held until the following message appears:
- Press the Send Button to perform the Hard Reset.