Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Wings S730
A normal reset is sometimes called a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
To restart your device:
- Remove the battery and wait for 3 seconds.
- Replace the battery and turn on the phone.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Wings S730
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM (Random Access Memory).
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Wings S730 returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM (Read Only Memory).
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the device's settings. To perform a hard reset from the device's settings:
- Click Start then Expert then Clear Storage.
- Follow the instructions to perform a Hard Reset.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons:
- While holding both Soft Buttons, press the Power Button for 1 second.