Performing a Normal (Soft) Reset on a HTC Wildfire S
A normal reset is sometimes referred to as a soft reset. A normal reset stops all running applications but does not erase any programs or saved data.
Caution be sure to save any unsaved data before performing a normal reset since a normal reset erases all unsaved data.
- If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on.
- Unlock the display.
- Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
- When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
If these steps don't work, you can remove and replace the battery, and then turn HTC Wildfire S on to restart it.
Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Wildfire S
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Wildfire S returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- From the Home screen, press MENU, then tap Settings.
- Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons
- Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.