Performing a Hard Reset on a HTC Wildfire
A full reset is sometimes referred to as a hard reset. Perform a full reset when you want to clear all settings, programs and data from RAM.
Caution if you perform a full reset, your HTC Wildfire returns to its default settings and looses all information that is not recorded in ROM.
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings. To perform a hard reset from phone settings:
- From the Home screen, press MENU, then tap Settings.
- Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
To perform a hard reset using the phone buttons
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the volume down button, and then briefly press the power button.
- Wait for three Android images to appear on the screen, and then release the volume down button.
- Press volume down to select clear storage, and then press Power. Then press volume up to start the factory reset.